Following the global outbreak of the Corona Virus-COVID 19, the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has taken the following steps in its effort to combat pandemic.
- Established a Task Office under the Office of the Prime Minister to deal with this pandemic
- Closed all Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary institutions from the 18th March 2020 till Mid-April
- Suspended all Meetings, Seminars, Workshops and any kind of Social gathering till further notice
- With effect from the 23rd March 2020, all travelers entering Tanzania whether foreigners or returning residents arriving from most affected countries will be subjected to mandatory isolation for 14 days at their own cost at designated facilities identified by the Government
- Each District in Tanzania has set aside a self-isolation center
- Banned all civil servants from travelling to the affected countries and called upon all Tanzanians to do the same
- Urges all non essential travel into Tanzania by foreigners
Currently as of the 22nd March 2020, there are 12 reported cases of which 8 are Tanzanian National and 4 are foreigners. Eleven of these are people who recently travelled to the affected countries.